(~31% complete 1st draft) (LW1LW0=My phone LAGCEP disappears http://1.JotHere.com/LW1LW0 )
- (LW1RRQ=Starting 2010.09~ I got LAGCEP, my 1st Android phone, a Samsung Intercept from Virgin Mobile for just $25/mo with unlimited data+text + 300 min. I set this up with http://Voice.Google.com which is overall awesome and allowing me to handle most voice calls from the computer also keeping my minute usage down.)
- (LW1RSI=On 2011.10 I placed on this phone a label saying “If found, call (my phone #) and leave message.”)
- (LW1RSV=On 2011.12.03(Sat)~ I noticed my cell phone disappeared. I and my 2 romance-friends (Debbie & Miyuki) did an extensive search but could not find it. No one contacted me having found it. My guess is it fell out of the car somehow.)
- (LW1RT7=On 2011.12.11 it is still not shown and I’ve gotten a break so I absolutely must get a replacement.)
- (LW1RTH=The only viable options I’ve seen are, roughly from best-to-worst:
- (LW1RVJ=This T-Mobile 4G data plan on a phone or tablet
- (LW1RW4=Details from http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans (quote= Unlimited Web & Text with 100 minutes Talk
$30 per month
*First 5GB at up to 4G speeds
Great for video chat, streaming music/movies/TV, playing online games, and more.
New activations only. Available exclusively in-store at Walmart, on Walmart.com, and T-Mobile.com.)
- (LW3TIN=news announcement in PCMag says “The plan will launch on October 16”)
- Pro: provides serious 4G
- (LW2DGT=Search for reviews
- (LW2DJA=doing search google.com/search?&q=T-Mobile+%2430+5GB)
- (LW2DGO=Favorable review saying you can turn an older 3G ph into a hotspot, found via LW2DJA)
- (LW2DK0=http://support.t-mobile.com/message/67669 says additional mins cost ($.10/min))
- (LW1ZMV=phones applicable from T-Mobile: of prepaid Android, just these 2 2. have 4G, from $330-$350)
- (LW1ZWQ=From Walmart
- (LW20LL=TMobile Ad sometimes on Walmart.com ”
“says “T-Mobile monthly4G(r) \ No Annual Contract \ Unlimited web & text and 100 minutes of talk \ New activation and phone purchase required. \ $30/mo \ Learn more \\ New at Walmart \ *Compatible device required for 4G speeds; network not available everywhere.”
(links to http://instoresnow.walmart.com/tmobile.aspx
(LW217O=saved html_only to here; doesn’t display key text but has the ad text in HTML.)
(LW21M5=saved complete to here; displays ad fineprint but not bulk))
- (LW2DOF=Possible phones
- (LW2DOT=given by (ad above=http://instoresnow.walmart.com/tmobile.aspx))
- (LW2DQ4=”Android No-Contract Phones” is a superset of Android)
- (LW2TCB=Samsung Exhibit II from Walmart: $189
- (LW2TCK=Tethering & hotspot
- (LW2TD2=Mixed results found here)
- (LW2TJP=App for Samsung Exhibit (I?))
- (LW2TNW=says it features “Wireless hotspot”)
- (LW1RTW=Continuing my existing contract with Virgin Mobile with another phone.
- Pro: easiest.
- Pro: lowest monthly price, just $25/mo.
- Con: Using Sprint 3G service, it lacks 4G speeds and HSPDA’s low-latency. This hasn’t proven a problem with my present usage. Possible concerns:
- Biggest: VOIP usage due to high latencies. but I haven’t needed that with the existing 300 minutes.
- Enough performance if using as a hotspot for several people. Haven’t had to use it that way. Closest was as a hotspot for OCAndroid meeting but that hasn’t happened.
- (LW1RZF=Which phone to choose:
- Full possibilities list at http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp
- (LW1S5H=option: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phones/motorola-triumph-phone.jsp
- Seems the best option
- Flash, Max display (4.1 inches), EVDO Rev A
- (LW1S8X=Where to buy?
- (LW2CJW=LG Optimus V;
- (LW2CKE=$65 from Best Buy)
- (LW1RUX=Pure 4G data plan
- As T-Mobile with $30/mo (find ref)
- Pro: provides serious 4G
- Con: semi-complex setup without clear clear results it will work acceptably.
- (LW2CWU=T-Mobile “$50/mo unlimited talk, text, web” plan
The plan will launch on October 16